Albania is a beautiful country with stunning natural landscapes and a rich cultural heritage. For outdoor enthusiasts, there are plenty of hiking trails and driving routes that offer breathtaking views and unforgettable experiences. In this article, we’ll explore some of the best hiking trails and driving routes in Albania.
- Valbona to Thethi: The Valbona to Thethi hiking trail is one of the most popular in Albania. The trail takes you through the Valbona Valley National Park and the Thethi National Park, offering stunning views of the Albanian Alps and the Valbona River. The trail is 16.5 miles long and takes around 7-9 hours to complete.
- Dajti Mountain: Dajti Mountain is located just outside the capital city of Tirana and offers a great escape from the busy city. The hiking trail takes you through lush forests and rocky terrain, offering stunning views of the city and the surrounding mountains. The trail is around 7 miles long and takes around 4-5 hours to complete.
- Llogara Pass: The Llogara Pass is a scenic drive that takes you through the Llogara National Park. The park is home to dense forests, stunning mountain views, and a diverse range of wildlife. The drive is around 20 miles long and takes around 1-2 hours to complete.
- The Albanian Riviera: The Albanian Riviera is a stunning coastal drive that takes you from Vlore to Saranda. The route offers stunning views of the Adriatic Sea and the Ionian Sea, as well as charming coastal towns and beaches. The drive is around 100 miles long and takes around 4-5 hours to complete.
- The Blue Eye: The Blue Eye is a natural spring located in the south of Albania, and the surrounding area offers some of the most stunning scenery in the country. The driving route takes you through winding roads and mountain passes, offering stunning views of the Albanian countryside. The drive is around 30 miles long and takes around 1-2 hours to complete.
- Lake Ohrid: Lake Ohrid is a UNESCO World Heritage site and one of the oldest lakes in Europe. The driving route takes you through picturesque towns and stunning mountain scenery, offering breathtaking views of the lake and the surrounding area. The drive is around 70 miles long and takes around 3-4 hours to complete.
Whether you prefer hiking or driving, Albania offers some of the most stunning natural landscapes and cultural experiences in Europe. So, pack your hiking boots or hit the road, and get ready for an adventure of a lifetime!